Friday, October 30, 2009

Vox is allowed to swear, but I'm not. It's effing obvious.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=28089922&postID=4845135783129943578


>Sometimes Vox uses vulgarities, but she truncates them so that they come across as funny, not offensive to anyone but you is my judgment.<

Now, that's a strong call, Lee. My opinion is that Vox is a stupid, foul-mouthed queynte. Go and read her blogs.

If I called someone a stupid faggot and then suggested that in my opinion it was not offensive to anyone but Bart Birdsall, would you accept that logic? No, you wouldn't, and I wouldn't expect you to do so either.

Vox's truncated profanities don't come across as funny at all. Where do you draw the line? Is writing "mo'fo'" acceptable?

It seems that free speech extends only to the vernacular deemed acceptable by the censor. Yes, you are the teacher, and you make all the calls. Some of them are duds.

I agree to abbreviate on your site anything profane I write to Vox, but if you are willing to sit back as the teacher and let one kid in your class tell another to shut the f#$% up while calling him a motherf#$%er, then I see you in a whole new light. Especially when the kid defends himself.

Go and read all your bullying legislation again, especially the name-calling bits. PLeae show me where "truncated" name-calling is okay and where name-calling is fine as long as the person being called the name is the only one who takes offence.

No comments: