Thursday, January 14, 2010

Response to Bart Birdsall

http://leedrurydecesarescasting-roomcouch.blogspot.com/2010/01/john-d-gets-his-comeuppance.html

When I made the post, I had read no further, Bart. My point was that irregularities stood out and I had questions before going any further. I'm sorry that you misconstrued this.

How many times were you in your metaphorical boxing ring and said "Oh, I'm not going to duke it out with you"? You say there's no point debating with someone like me who nitpicks over things; Lee's punctuation pettiness must have you fairly reeling!

I find it strange that you don't like this nitpicking business, yet you were pushing for certain wording in a harassment policy. I'd like to know what the wording was and the wording you were duking it out for.

Tell you what; you're all for freedom of speech until someone gets harassed. Define harassment for me. Duke it out with me. If you can't handle duking it out with some nitpicking emailer, I would find it hard to believe that you duke it out with the Mike Tysons of the world.

Is the First Amendment upheld in courts when someone feels harassed? You mention that it is not upheld when it incites violence, but what about harassment? I look forward to your expert comment.


Lee won't post the following comment. I'll keep posting it until she does. Free speech and First Amendment, my arse!

Perhaps Vox would like to define harassment. Or would she like to throw in the metaphorical towel also?

Bart says the homophobes can do and say what they like as long as gay students are not harassed. How does he feel about Lee de Cesare? Is she allowed to say and do what she likes under her freedom of speech umbrella as long as nobody is harassed?

You antinitpickers are all for stopping harassment right up until someone asks you what it actually is.

No comments: